The processing operations always take place in accordance with the relevant (Belgian and European) legislation, and more specifically with the Act of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy in relation to the processing of personal data (Privacy Act). For more information, please visit the website of the supervisory authority: https://www.privacycommission.be.
2) Who is responsible for processing?
This website (hereinafter referred to as "website") as well as all its variants and subdomains are operated by:
+32 (0)54 33 16 57
Several parties may obtain personal data via the website and use them for their own purposes. This data protection policy exclusively concerns those processing operations for which Timboo is designated as data controller.
3) Collection of personal data.
Personal data is collected in the following ways;
- Through the registration of the user.
- Through the access and use of the website and services.
- Through various technical means, including cookies and logging information.
The user determines to a large extent the quality and quantity of personal data that he provides via the website. Data processing will be more extensive as use of the website and services increases.
Under no circumstances do we collect or process personal data that can be qualified as sensitive. This includes data concerning health, race, religious beliefs, political opinions or sexual preferences.
4) Purposes of the processing.
Personal data is processed exclusively for the following purposes:
- For proper access and use of the website and services;
- For sending various commercial and non-commercial messages, both on its own behalf and on behalf of partners;
- For actions that fall under "general member management";
- For detecting fraud and improper use.
5) Are personal data shared with third parties?
The personal data collected are neither shared with third parties nor are they the subject of a transfer. The articles below are exceptions to this;
a) Actual processors.
Timboo may use various external parties for the effective processing of personal data. These external parties act exclusively on Timboo's behalf and are referred to as the "actual processor". Timboo can give the following guarantees concerning the data processing:
- Actual processors are only appointed after a comparative selection in which quality and security of processing are paramount.
- Timboo has made clear agreements with the data processor about the quality of the data processing.
- The data processor can only use the data for purposes determined by Timboo.
Your personal data will never be processed by an actual processor who does not subscribe to or guarantee the European principles of personal data protection.
Actual processors have specialised knowledge of data processing. These processors are therefore given the freedom to choose between different techniques and procedures, for which they bear full responsibility.
b) Other responsible processors.
Our website uses various third-party integrations. Through these integrations, the third parties collect personal data which they can then use for their own processing operations.
The following parties are designated as responsible processors:
- Google Analytics.
- Facebook Inc.
- Twitter Inc.
Timboo is not a party to the processing activities of these third parties. The user is expected to read the third parties' privacy policies for further information on the purposes of the processing.
c) Transfer pursuant to a court order or applicable regulation.
Timboo can be obliged to provide insight into the processed personal data, in whole or in part, on the basis of a court order, an order from a competent public authority or an applicable regulation. Timboo shall always ensure restraint in the disclosure of data within the limits of the disclosure order.
6) What rights does the user have?
The Website makes every effort to ensure that personal data are processed in accordance with the legal requirements. Special attention is paid to the processing:
- Processing is carried out fairly and lawfully for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes;
- The processing operations are carried out only adequately and are not excessive in relation to the specified purposes;
- The personal data are not kept longer than necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes.
In addition, the user benefits from the rights granted in the Privacy Act. The user exercises his/her rights by means of a dated and signed request sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This request must be accompanied by proof of identity, preferably by means of a copy of an identity card.
If the conditions are satisfied, Timboo is obliged to respond within 30 days of receiving the request. If Timboo does not react, refuses or if the answer is unsatisfactory, the user can always turn to the Privacy Commission to obtain compliance.
a) Right of inspection.
The user has the right to know whether or not data relating to him are being processed and to be informed at least of the purposes of such processing, the categories of data concerned and the categories of recipients to whom the data are disclosed.
The User declares his implicit consent to the installation and use of non-functional cookies as soon as he clicks through to the Website. Users who do not agree are expected to manually disable cookies via their browser settings.
8) What cookies does the website use?
The website uses the following cookies:
The following cookies relate exclusively to the proper functioning of the website and its functionalities:
This website contains cookies that are owned by third parties. These third parties process the personal data collected via the cookies autonomously and are therefore qualified as responsible processors.
- Google Analytics: More information at www.google.com/privacy
9) About disabling cookies.
More information on how to change the settings of your browser can be found at:
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/nl-be/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/nl-be/HT201265
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/nl/kb/cookies-in-en-uitschakelen-websites-voorkeuren
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=nl
Timboo reserves a certain margin of discretion with regard to the exercise of the right of access. Timboo shall not be obliged to allow the User to inspect his specific personal data file nor shall it be obliged to provide the User with a copy of this file.
The period for proper consultation can be extended to 45 days after receipt of the request, in accordance with the legal provisions.
b) Right of objection and correction.
The user is entitled to have any incorrect personal data relating to him corrected free of charge.
The user also has the right to object, on compelling legitimate grounds relating to his/her particular situation, to personal data concerning him/her being processed.
Where personal data are collected for the purposes of direct marketing, the data subject may object, free of charge and without having to give any reasons, to the processing of personal data relating to him.